- If users suspect unauthorised access. If you suspect someone has attempted access or if you receive an email that an unauthorised user has logged into one of your accounts on a new device for instance, immediately change you password.
- If you discover malware on your computer. A malware or virus can put your computer at risk. If you discover such software after a scan, change your Utrade accounts passwords immediately, preferably from a different device than the one upon which the virus was discovered.
- Logging in at Public Places. If you use a public network regularly, you are advised to change your Utrade accounts passwords regularly.
B. Safeguarding against phishing emails
Learn to identify phishing emails:
- Watch out for poor grammar or dodgy spellings – Legitimate emails are professionally written and do not contain glaring errors.
- Recognize sloppily-designed emails – Wrong or out-of-place logos and layouts are signs that the sender aren’t who they claim to be.
- Website look-alikes – Scammers will always try to make you think that you are visiting the real deal. Make sure that you are visiting UOBKH, not U0BKH.
- Beware of websites that ask for your password – Never give away passwords or sensitive information to untrusted or third-party sites. UOBKH staff will never ask you for your passwords
- Spoofed emails usually contain a generic greeting – Your email address can also be used rather than directly addressing you by your name.
Preventive measures to protect against phishing
- Never reveal any confidential information (i.e. password, OTPs) to anyone. UOBKH Staffs will never request for such information over emails/SMSes/phone calls.
- Be suspicious of any unsolicited request for your personal details.
- Do not reply or click on any link within unsolicited e-mails/SMSes that have been sent to you.
- Always use the official website by typing https://www.utrade.com.my/ directly into the browser’s address bar.
- Be wary of pop ups that impersonates UOBKH such as the logo, names and do not click any of it.